Feilhaber’s double helps SKC draw Dynamo in eight-goal thriller

Houston, TX (SportsNetwork.com) – Benny Feilhaber netted twice in the final 10
minutes on Saturday, including a stoppage-time equalizer as Sporting Kansas
City earned a point in a wild 4-4 draw with the Houston Dynamo at BBVA Compass

The scoring was fast and furious for the duration of the 90 minutes and it was
the visitors that struck first just two minutes into the contest when
Krisztian Nemeth colleted a loose ball in midfield and set sail toward goal.
He drove to the edge of the box and fired a low strike into the bottom right
corner, stunning the home crowd.

But Houston found an equalizer in the 11th minute when Giles Barnes got on the
end of loose ball into the penalty area and smacked it home on the half-

The hosts then grabbed the lead in first-half stoppage time as Will Bruin got
on the end of a corner kick from U.S. international Brad Davis and sent a
quick flicked header past Sporting goalkeeper Luis Marin for the halftime

Owen Coyle’s side picked up right where they left off when the whistle blew to
start the second half and it was 3-1 just seconds into the period when Barnes
finished an excellent offensive move with a low laser beam into the bottom
right corner, leaving Marin with no chance for a save.

Sporting Kansas made it 3-2 with 15 minutes to play as Dominic Dwyer did well
to cut out a poor back pass by Barnes and slide it past Houston goalkeeper
Tyler Deric.

Things then got worse for the home side minutes later when defender Jermaine
Taylor was shown a red card for a handball in the penalty area, resulting in a
penalty kick for Sporting Kansas City.

Benny Feilhaber stepped up to the spot and converted with ease to pull the
sides level with 10 minutes to play.

But Houston went right back in front in the 82nd minute as Davis swung in an
excellent free kick and Rodriguez got on the end of it to nod it past Martin
for the 4-3 lead.

The fourth official’s board showed six minutes of added time, which was more
than enough time for Peter Vermes’ side to carve out a late equalizer as
Feilhaber got on the end of pass from Graham Zusi, rescuing a point for SKC in
dramatic fashion.